1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Adding Polls to Long Threads

Discussion in 'Forum News and Staff Communication' started by Alivaril, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Alivaril

Alivaril Totally not a space whale.

As it's now impossible to delete old responses in threads, I was wondering if there was something else which also causes technical problems if attempted: Adding a poll to a thread with over 2000 pages of replies and possibly removing said poll later on.

I wasn't sure if this should go here or in "ask a private question." Decided to put it here so the question doesn't need to be asked by other people as well.

Test poll in this thread is was to see if it's possible to remove polls myself or if mod assistance would be necessary. EDIT: Yes, thread-makers can do it themselves.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Polls can't be removed by regular users, unfortunately.

3. Xon

Xon Cabal Arm Commander Director

You should not be able to old delete posts. I need to go find who changed this and hit them clue-bat

Deleting an old post in a very long thread can trigger expensive rebuild operations which are very costly.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Alivaril

Alivaril Totally not a space whale.

Um, I don't think that's changed any? As in, we can't delete them. The button isn't there anymore.
    My question is if making and possibly deleting a poll would cause similar problems. I don't see why it would, but I'd rather check before I go and do it.

I did it for this very thread. :confused: It's under "Edit," "Delete entire poll." Pseudo-edit: Just did it again.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  5. Xon

Xon Cabal Arm Commander Director

Derp, miss-read it.

You can only do this as long as no one votes.

• Informative Informative x 2
Ultra Sonic 007 Internal Ad System Story