1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Can we please have an American Politics Megathread?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Staff Communication' started by FriedIce, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriedIce

FriedIce The Authentic Fake

Seriously, the first page in current affairs is being overrun by half a dozen American politics threads - all about the basically same thing.

The policy of megathreads was created to limit this sort of issue - so can we please have an American Politics Megathread?

Edit: I count 14 threads all about the same general issue - the recent election. That's over half the front page.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Generic_Generica

Generic_Generica Notice me Senpai~ Moderator

Megathreads tend to get really unwieldy to moderate. Because discussion tends to move extremely quickly and the sheer amount of stuff getting posted? Yeah not fun.

Also there was that one bit of fuckery a couple days ago where an entire megathread was deleted. Hard deleted. Again. Not fun. Based @Xon fixed everything but... Yeah, I'm really not overly enthused by a bunch of megathreads.

Edit: Actually I have to admit 14 threads about the same general issue is pretty excessive. Maybe a temp subforum or something.

Just no megathreads. They're horrible things that stifle discussion because there's so much dreck being posted in them. And I swear to god if anyone tries starting a 2020 election thread in the next year I'll break character and start screaming incoherently at them.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oh I am slain!

Oh I am slain! Wynaut?

Perhaps a temporary subforum for the next 6 months? Then it could be wrapped up with a thread discussing Trump's first 100 days. ^_^

4. I think we'll likely have one once the immediate furor dies down?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fernandel

Fernandel Lovely Writing, Tendency to Waffle Councillor

This election kinda is a big deal, though.

But if your problem is that the first page is overrun, we just need more threads on different topics. So... people dhould post them.

It would do the subforum good anyway.

• Insightful Insightful x 1
  6. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect What is Project Zohar? Director

I feel like you're on the losing side here, my friend. The official position is that megathreads are valuable :p

Anyway yes, in the near future we will be taking some actions regarding the spate of post-election threads, but not immediately. With the way things are people would just end up posting outside of the thread because they're so energised by events, so we'd have to do clean up anyway. Best to let people work it all out and then implement our devious plot.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Ultra Sonic 007 Internal Ad System Story