1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Darth Tyranus V.S Darth Vitiate

Discussion in 'Versus Debates' started by Janus, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Janus

Janus

Darth Tyranus is one of the greatest duelists in his time of the Jedi Order. He is, in addition, one of the only Force users of Yoda's time who could stand up to him in the Force. Darth Vitiate, in comparison, was the most powerful Sith Sorcerer who ever lived. Darth Sidious was more powerful as a Dark Side user, of course, but Vitiate in terms of Sith Sorcery was the most powerful

Tyranus possessed telekinetic Force Powers exceeded by Darth Vader and few others in all of Star Wars history. He also possessed great Force Lightning powers. Vitiate, on the other hand, was a Force User perhaps exceeded only by Darth Sidious, and a great Sith Sorcerer. Vitiate had almost no capability with the Light Saber, though he possessed a Force Barrier that was unmatched in nearly the entire series.

Tyranus feats include standing up to Yoda alone, and Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Sky Walker simultaneously in a light saber duel, and is comparable in the Force to Master Yoda. Vitiate, on the other hand, could nearly knock Darth Revan, another honored Force User out in one blast of Force Lightning.

Darth Tyranus obviously could defeat Darth Vitiate in a duel with the light saber, and although no slouch in fighting with the Dark Side Force, Vitiate was quite more powerful in the Dark Side, and his barrier might keep him alive long enough to decimate Tyranus with his powers.

What do you think? Who would defeat the other? The Darth Sidious of his own generation, or Darth Tyranus, the great light saber duelist?

2. White Wraith

White Wraith I REJECT MY HUMANITY!

Vitiate stomps, he pretty much has the Force power of an entire planet, ate all life on a planet as a spirit, and is superior to TOR Revan who was pulling down asteroids on your party

3. Cthaeth

Cthaeth Have at thee, blaggard!

In every area that's being being a better fucking character Vitiate wins. Sadly.

4. Janus

Janus

Except lightsaber duels.

5. Cthaeth

Cthaeth Have at thee, blaggard!

Since lightsaber duels tend to involve force shit.....yeah. If they were coinstrained to only waive their sabre around then hell yes Dooku wipes the floor.

6. Tekomandor

Tekomandor Social Justice Gish Moderator

Dooku's defining movie is AOTC. Vitiate's at least an okay Evil Emperor type dude.

On topic: this is a lightsaber duelist vs a guy immune to lightsabers.

How did you think this was going to end?

7. Yeah got to agree- Vitiate stomps, becuase his schtick is 'lol most powerful sith evah'.

I mean, he's a composite Palpatine, Nihlus, and Kaan with nothing of those characters weaknesses (or you know, compelling characterization).

Fuck Vitiate, but he's got this.

8. aeqnai

aeqnai Nerdy Homu

The Villain Sue stomps hard on Dooku, before going back to preening in front of a mirror or whatever else Sues do in their spare time.

9. Blaze

Blaze

Pretty sure the old republic sith would mop the floor with the modern day sith. Only sith I could really see that would still be an absolute powerhouse is Darth Sidious. Sidious vs Vitate would be a better debate although I would give it to Sidious being much more intelligent and better duelist.

10. This is... not really true, but the actual answer is complicated.

Understand that when your talking 'Old Republic Sith' you are talking about potentially five different groups: the original Sith Empire, Exar Kun's Sith, Revan's Sith Empire, the Sith Triumvirate, and Vitate's Sith Empire. And these works have wildly varying power levels depending on what the author thought the Force could do- the first two had members who could, and did, blow up stars. With tech assist, but still. This was the same author who had Palpatine able to destroy planets via the Force, and had Force Solar Beams of Fleet Destroying Light in post-Empire times. That yanked way the hell down by most authors that followed after, but it gives you some idea of the inconsistency in depiction here.

Now, talking SWTOR and Vitate's Sith Empire in particular, yeah no. First off, we are talking about Dooku, who was a Jedi Master of 70 years, ex-Council Member, and widely acknowledged as one of the best duelists in the Order period, and all this before he turned to the Dark Side- he's not average. Second, Vitate's Sith Empire was big- you had a lot of substandard Sith. It's probably fair to compare Dooku to a member of the Dark Council, ei the actually dangerous Sith who have survived the cutthoat nature of their politics. He can't take Vitate, who is a hack job sue, but I give him good to even odds in a fair fight vs anyone else. But, well, Sith- no one is fighting fair.

Now, they might mop the floor with the modern Sith, but that's a matter of having, well. Armies. Though Dooku also has that if we start talking resources at their disposal. :V They also have numbers, which is more a point in their favor, but that's not a measure of personal power.

Really, if we open up the floor to other takers, this just gets messy, because then we need to discuss how MMO mechanics actually work as feats, and no. Not going there.

11. Blaze

Blaze

You are right about dooku. I just forgot to include him. Naga Sadow, exar kun, revan, and SWTOR timeline certainly came across as pretty intimidating in terms of raw power. Like you were saying about the mmo SwTOR, Revan almost defeats the combined forces of the Jedi and Sith. These were amongst the strongest they could offer. The only reason I underestimated Dooku was because his age WAS affecting him. The force was sustaining him although not completely.

Sufficient Velocity Internal Ad System Art