1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Technical Help! Forward Operating Base construction timeframe and Ammenities?

Discussion in 'History & Military Discussion' started by NothingNow, Jan 8, 2017.

1. NothingNow

NothingNow Florida Man

Pretty much, I'm working on a thing, and one of the background elements is a forward operating base and a couple combat outposts for a normal Marine Expeditionary Unit with a handful of other units folded in (like we're talking some small boat detachments, individual officers from NOAA corps and PHSCC, and whatever construction units are needed.) And well, I've been looking at DoD publications about FOB design and everything, but I can't find anything about how long it'd take to set up a base, or what amenities usually start showing up at what stages and time scales (like when the hell B-huts and CHUs start replacing tents, and when the Green Bean shows up. )

I mean I know this is probably the least glamorous question someone could ask in here, but it's something that's really going to help with this project.

• Like Like x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  2. How urgent is the building of this base? In other words it depends on the budget, means, distance and supplies that can be sent from the nearest depot? I mean the forward elements of Desert Shield got there at breakneck pace followed by their support elements only a few days behind.

3. NothingNow

NothingNow Florida Man

Relatively urgent. Like the main issue is going to be clearing the land for the base, and not actually getting the equipment in.

It's going to be the only base in the region, but logistics is going to be stupidly easy, because it's a situation sort of like Gate (shut up, I'm making it a genre and not terrible.)

• Hugs Hugs x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. DonBosco

DonBosco Dread Lord of the Luddites

5. NothingNow

NothingNow Florida Man

Maybe.

I mean when I get my shit together I'll throw up all the neat stuff I've gotten from the army corps of engineers and other sources on the subject as well.

• Like Like x 1
Sufficient Velocity Internal Ad System Staff