1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Idea Quest Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion & Worldbuilding' started by undead frog, Jun 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Janus

Janus

No. This is a Quest idea, not a role play idea.

2. Dark as Silver

Dark as Silver

No I think there were a couple. Fortunately the search function has my back.
    Just the first two I grabbed.
    More fleshed out than yours as well.
    So there must be interest if the QMing side is any indication, just no thread put forward thus far.

Apologies to einargs and bdun140. You can go back to whatever you where doing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Echo 101

Echo 101

Quest Idea

Quest: The Prince of Analyse

Welcome SV to the Prince of Analyse a quest where you play a prince on his journey to become King of Analyse. I shall be your humble storyteller but before I begin I’d like to pay homage to Mlamlah of the Bay12 forum who originally started ‘Princeship: the Suggestion game’ 3 years ago. He stopped updating and he has himself declared that he will not continue this project of his. I will be taking over the universe as it was shown in that thread but will add a few things of course to expand the universe and make the game interesting. I do not have his notes but I do have some insider stuff he told me about years later but that’s for later.

I will be using the CK 2 system of stats with the exception that martial will be called ‘Generalship’ which as the name suggests dictates how good you are leading an army. While combat is personal. Everything else stays the same.

Anyways official intro NOW!

Analyse a very rich coastal Kingdom united by the magics of the Alkalid Sorcerer Dynasty through violent warfare. It was only recently that the Akalid Dynasty was wiped out and replaced with the valiant Casar family. Your Father is King Lorin Casar ‘The Lionhair’ who crushed many revolts from the rebellious to keep the Kingdom together. What is your name young Prince?

Name

Growing up in life your parents were forced to govern the Kingdom as King and Queen which had the terrible effect of being unable to guide you or your siblings. Instead an arsenal of tutors was waiting for you for instruction for everything a young prince should know.

((Place a number from 1 to 6 on each stat to denote which one you focused on. 1 being your best starting stat and 6 being your worst stat. Stats of course will change as you work on them in the future.))

Diplomacy

Stewardship

Generalship

Intrigue

Piety

Combat

Your father in his benevolence also made sure to have a guardian for you that pledged whose loyalty was ironclad. They were to be your most secure confidant in all matters and if need be give up their life for yours and the Kingdom.

Alistar the Pentient Pirate – Once the oceans were ruled by the legendary pirate Horus the Black. His power over the ocean forced the various Kingdoms, Empires, and City states merchants to pay his legendary empire of piratry protection money for years. His power so great that he even fought of the combined naval powers of the region to keep his monopoly. Eventually Horus died and his Empire broke down allowing the Governments to take control again. Alistar is one of the many youths inspired by Horus and took to the sails as soon as he was old enough eventually becoming Captain of his own privateering company in service to the Analyse Crown. However one day during a coastal operation he had mistaken a ship of refugees for a smuggling ship and sank it. Causing the deaths of hundreds of refugees many of which were children no older than 14. He would turn himself in to the authorities and spent 5 years in jail. Later pardoned on good behavior by the Jailers.

(Adviser for Generalship and Stewardship)

Luis the Scoundrel – Born to the Bugen family of Old, Luis is a talented politician and statesman. He is well liked for his charm, friendship, and honesty when making deals but he has one great flaw. Lust. Luis is said to have bedded over 1000 women in the Kingdom of Analyse some pure noble and virgin dauthers of Dukes and others of a much *ahem* lower order. Despite his dalliances though he still leads a major faction within the Royal Court and is responsible for helping convince many nobles to cooperate with your father which he argues saved lives.

(Adviser for Diplomacy and Stewardship)

Syr Snole – Syr is a refugee from the icy cold north belonging to a dead tribe of pagans who worshiped various animals. Syr in particular worshiped the Snow Leopard for its ‘individual, intelligence, patience, and hunting ability’ as she claims. She made the travel south after her tribe was destroyed to become a mercenary working for many companies, nobles, and eventually found permanent employ in your fathers coffers. She is credited by many to being your fathers attack dog (or leopard) when rebellions start because of her amazing tracking ability in finding and killing rebels. She can sneak inside any encampment, hit far away targets with her bow, and most impressively use exotic magic that her shamans taught her. These magical abilities are rumored to have allowed her to turn into a snow leopard and hunt down food and enemies as an animal.

(Adviser for Combat and Intrigue)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Janus

Janus

I'm interested in Bdun's Devine Quest.

5. Matou Sutegobana

Matou Sutegobana Auto-Corrupt has been turned off

This made me wonder, What if Archer was summoned as Archer?

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Janus

Janus

You are a Star Wars character in Mortal Kombat Quest? That sounds fun.

Darth Tyranus. . . Galen Marek. . . I don't know, Yoda.

7. Matou Sutegobana

What if Goku had died(and stayed dead) young?

Raditz comes looking for his brother and starts tearing through the populace until he's finally stopped by King Piccolo.

He still gloats after having learned about the Dragonballs that more of his people will come for them.

Now its up to the Red Ribbon Army to relaunch a scrapped project in order to save the world. This project is the Android series!

• Like Like x 1
  8. PoptartProdigy

PoptartProdigy I'll let them TRY anything...

Interesting thought, with one problem that I can see: how on earth does King Piccolo manage that?

Otherwise, I am genuinely interested in an Android Quest.

9. Aburg7

Aburg7 Just another Gundam(WIng) Pilot

no idea, you talking about type Moon or something else?

• Insightful Insightful x 1
  10. M3lk0r

M3lk0r H3 wh0 Ar!535 !n M!gh+

I wonder how this would turn out?

11. Matou Sutegobana

By having various Instrument themed minions dogpile Raditz while preparing a powerful attack.

Then when that fails using a mystical attack with a cursed one time use artifact that's dangerous to both the target and the user.

12. Has anyone played Obduction? I found the setting really gripping and wanted more after the game was over, but I could not come up with a good idea for how to simulate that kind of adventure-game play, because it's not really about either story or stats. I guess it's kind of like old-style graphical quests like Homestuck...? But I would be kind of lost at how to make a quest that isn't basically an RPG.

13. M3lk0r

Isn't that from the first wave of VR games?

14. PoptartProdigy

PoptartProdigy I'll let them TRY anything...

Thus explaining why its up to the RR Army and not him to defend Earth. Gotcha. Sounds promising! Of course, much depends on execution. What kind of system were you thinking of?

15. Oh I played it the old way. VR gives me motion sickness, sadly. But what Obduction is, is basically "the makers of Myst try sci-fi". The meaning of the title isn't explicitly spelled out, but people are getting abducted by aliens (sort of). That's not a spoiler because it's in the game trailer and promotional materials. Like the Myst series, a lot of the appeal of the game is exploring the alien/magical/WTF landscapes, often filled with abandoned machinery or other gizmos.

16. Aburg7

That must be terrible

17. Well, as a gamer it's depressing, but certainly there are worse things in life. I get the motion sickness effect with FPSes too, but I'm not a fan of that genre anyway, so its only a problem with RPGs that don't have a 3rd person mode. And if the are slow-paced, like an Elder Scrolls or a Zelda, I can play for an hour or two before I get dizzy. With VR the effect is immediate though.

• Hugs Hugs x 3
  18. Dream Logic

Dream Logic Best Worst Person

Honestly, why isn't there a titanfall quest yet?

We have giant robots, with personalities too. And Ace-Customs with squads of awesome pilots who can turn the tides of battles.

You get to be the super badass who flies around being cool and playing all the silly over the top mecha tropes straight as hell.

We could be the mecha equivelent of mercenary magical girls.

...I want this. But I just remembered I have a quest I forgot existed and I should probably update that first. And actually run a quest.

19. Matou Sutegobana

I was figuring the Questers should be making the decisions for the Red Ribbon Army's Strategic, Logistics, and Science comittees in order to unmothball the Android project. Turn based with a deadline looming for when the Saiyans arrive.

I've seen some Quests using a format that I think was called the Crusader Kings, but I'm not familiar with ths terms.

One of the decisions to have the most impact would be who to place in charge(still answerable just managing) of the project.

1. the old retired head of the project Dr. Gero? - Standard Androids. - May be off schedule.

2. The technological genius that was caught interfereing with RR army operations? - More advanced androids. - May have a grudge.

3. The alien that Dr. Gero was comparing notes with? - Super Advanced Androids. - Likely to attempt to convert Earth into a copy of his homeworld.

4. Someone else in the RR Army?

5. Recruit someone from outside the RR Army?

Yes, I was referring to the Type Moon Servant.

20. Gruber dude

Gruber dude

Hm... I was thinking.... How about a One piece Quest?
    The players can vote on which fruit they want to use(Of my own creation.) and join the Straw hat Pirates on their adventures! Or have their own crew!

• Like Like x 1
  21. M3lk0r

I'm not sure but that sounds like a lot more work than most other quests, as you can tell how long One piece is, the saying does go 'if I had to watch anime for the rest of my life I would watch one piece as I would live forever'. Also you would most likely end up having to make your own devilfruit

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Gruber dude

Gruber dude

I know. But the character can intervene or let the events happen like it was meant to be. I mean, who knows? Maybe they can become the strongest straw hat ever known! Non-canonly.

23. M3lk0r

I'm not sure no one else on this post has yet to show interest

24. I like One Piece, preferably when it's significantly different from cannon, but major AUs are challenging to write.

25. Aburg7

That's the truth of it, it is such a large and diverse world where one change could take in a whole different direction

Hello Internal Ad System Quest