1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Question about Account Upgrades

Discussion in 'Forum News and Staff Communication' started by MaHaL, Dec 21, 2016.

1. MaHaL

MaHaL Breathe in. Breathe out.

I understand the premise behind them, this isn't about that. It's just that I'm curious as to why the non-recurring ones are cheaper.

Is the upgrade actually cheaper and you pay an extra month every 6 to not have to get a new one yourself? Does buying in bulk get you a discount? I don't understand the logic behind having non-recurring cost 5/6th the price when it's the exact same.

2. It encourage you to.. commit, I imagine.

3. grommile

grommile nasty-minded old cynic

This is a fairly standard pricing model for subscription charges. It has two attractions for the merchant:
    • Fewer transactions means fewer transaction fees (which usually have at least a fixed element and/or minimum per-transaction charge).
    • It encourages commitment.

• Insightful Insightful x 2
  4. Xon

Xon Cabal Arm Commander Director

Additionally, it encouraged a large lump sum to appear in SV's accounts which was every handy when covering the initial expenses of setting up the business which owns SV and setting up the add-on selling part of the business too.

5. Cadis

Cadis Proud Capoeria Angola Quintal Capoerista Advocate

Would you mind giving a bit of a breakdown on how the company owning SV operates? Like are you now working for SV full time?

6. LordSquishy

LordSquishy Probably Not A Producer

Ha
    ha
    ha
    I wish

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hugs Hugs x 2
  7. MaHaL

MaHaL Breathe in. Breathe out.

That you could tell us about the company, that you're working SV full time, or both?

• Like Like x 1
  8. That the company operates.:V

9. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect What is Project Zohar? Director

It sounds fancy but in practice it just means we run things as we were doing before, and get taxed for the trouble :V

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  10. Stargatekeeper

Stargatekeeper

subscribers getting a banner would be nice

11. Fernandel

Fernandel Lovely Writing, Tendency to Waffle Councillor

They already get a gold or silver star, though.

Ultra Sonic 007 Internal Ad System Story