1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Shang Tsung, Quan Chi vs Miraak, and Harkon

Discussion in 'Versus Debates' started by Janus, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Janus

Janus

The two sorcerers battle the First Dragonborn and the Vampire Lord of Molag Bal.
    Both sorcerers are extremely good martial artists and great sorcerers. The Vampire Lord Harkon is quite good at conjuring servants himself, and Miraak is no slouch when it comes to shouts and melee combat. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung and suck out souls from their enemies like Miraak, although their powers are definitely better at absorbing Humanoid souls. Who is better at close quarters combat, and who is better over all?

2. Blaze

Blaze

I honestly don't know much about how powerful Harkon was but Miraak lore feats trump Quan Chi's and Shang Tsung as in raw power. Then again, the MK characters don't rely necessarily on face to face confrontations to win fights.

I'm actually biased towards ES but I do believe the ES team wipes the floor with the other team in terms of absolute power. I mean Miraak has all of his shouts like time slow and other shit I don't think the MK team can handle.

3. Janus

Janus

I believe that Quan Chi and Shang Tsung make a better team, but I believe Harkon and Miraak are both at least as powerful but probably more powerful than they are. In a two on two battle, I think that Quan Chi and Shang Tsung's edge over Miraak and Harkon are only an equalizer, but then again, I'm not sure that Quan Chi and Shang Tsung want to fight someone with Miraak's explosive armor. Miraak's Chain lightning spell is perfect for a battle like this as long as Harkon can stand to fight from a distance instead of a side to side battle.

4. Blaze

Blaze

The first team would certainly work together I agree. Well the Dragonborn defeated Alduin who had the power to consume the world. This was all before he faced Miraak. It's stated int he lore that the Dovahkin had to read all the black books in order to stand a chance against Miraak. Now Shang Tsung uses souls as his main power gimic in the MK universe. Miraak can bend the will of souls as part of his kit so I would assume this would render Tsung powerless in this matchup. Same thing with Quan Chi's revenants.

5. Janus

Janus

No, Shang Tsung can still cast spells and use martial arts. Even in MK1 as an old man Shang Tsung could shoot fireballs.

6. Blaze

Blaze

I understand he has more techniques but I don't believe fireballs and his martial arts alone could defeat miraak. I always viewed Quran chi as a bigger threat than Tsung.

7. Janus

Janus

Everyone in Mortal Kombat possesses a martial arts level ability to beat tough warriors to death with their bare hands with greater alacrity than a normal person, even Stryker. Tsung certainly isn't helpless in this fight.

8. Makron

Makron Cosmic Horror

Miraak solos

9. Janus

Janus

I haven't found any evidence to suggest that Miraak is superior to Quan Chi.

10. Blaze

Blaze

Well Miraak is supposedly stronger than the dragon born who defeated Alduin the World Eater. Alduin injured Methrunes Dagon in lore who almost destroyed the world as well. Miraak can summon dragons and just slow time and whirlwind sprint to blitz them both. They haven't demonstrated speed to keep up with Miraak even in gameplay

11. Janus

Janus

I don't know about that. Miraak is only more powerful than the Dragonborn when you initially learn about him.

12. Makron

Makron Cosmic Horror

Miirak can one-shout dragons and he is in the same weight category with Dovahkiin.

Dovahkin survives the Greybeards shouting at them at point blank range. 23:11

For a comparison, Greybeards cause earthquakes felt many miles away from their shouts, and can kill with a mere whisper.

13. Janus

Janus

I've seen it. Quan Chi is no slouch, however. He has survived tortures that would drive the hardiest men insane. He's murdered all the Scorpion Clan single handedly. . .

14. Blaze

Blaze

Janus, post: 7675401, member: 15330"]I've seen it. Quan Chi is no slouch, however. He has survived tortures that would drive the hardiest men insane. He's murdered all the Scorpion Clan single handedly. . .

Men that had no magic or superhuman feats at the time. Canonically you learn of Miraak after your battle with Harkon. I don't think team one has a power advantage in any category.

MK higher tier characters such as Onaga, shao khan, Raiden, or Shinok are better candidates vs high tier characters such as the dragon born or Miraak

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017 at 10:19 PM
  15. Janus

Janus

Quan Chi murdered Scorpion during this battle.

16. Blaze

Blaze

Scorpion was just a man at the time who was the strongest of his tribe.

17. Janus

Janus

Ninjas aren't ordinary beans.

18. Blaze

Blaze

Quan chi picks his fights and tries to set up his fights to gain an unfair advantage. The problem is, Miraak is so far out of his league to begin with that trying to gain an advantage would be futile with Miraak's diverse arsenal of shouts to begin with. Like I said before, Quan chi has no defense vs a whirlwind sprint and slowtime blitz.

19. Janus

Janus

The thing that makes Quan Chi more powerful than Shang Tsung is that Quan Chi is, in fluff, capable of everything Shang Tsung is, except for Shang Tsung's better fire magic. Quan Chi can shape change into his opponents and has their power. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or is unfair, that's just how it is. Quan Chi can change into Miraak and be just as powerful, except he wouldn't know he could use the acid/poison pools to heal.

20. Blaze

Blaze

If he can transform and utilize someone's exact power he would of defeated Khan, Raiden, and Shinok due to being a much more intelligent opponent. There's certainly limits to what he can do with his power.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017 at 10:13 AM
  21. Makron

Makron Cosmic Horror

Do you mean unrestricted versions? It would be a stomp.

Wow this thing is epic:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017 at 10:22 AM
  22. Blaze

Blaze

Unrestricted the high tiers should stomp Miraak yeah. Was thinking of the dragon born who has the power of Miraak in equivalence to his own.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017 at 11:24 AM
JMHthe3rd Internal Ad System Quest