1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Suggestions (Medium Term: Forum Organization, Addons, etc)

Discussion in 'Forum News and Staff Communication' started by LordSquishy, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSquishy

LordSquishy Probably Not A Producer

Post them here.

2. Nero200

Nero200 High Priest of Eito

Not sure if this would be short or long term, but a toggle for invis text, similar to spoiler text on Tvtropes.
    I dislike having to highlight nearly everything I read to make sure no one is being fancy, and it is nearly impossible to find such text on mobile browsers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. earthboy

earthboy (verified ape)

I personally love the Spoiler fields, and they seem to work great on mobile devices, so I'd suggest just removing Transparent text and just encouraging use of Spoiler fields.

Or just auto-replacing Transparent text with a spoiler field, maybe, if nobody objects.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Talos

Talos Completed Quests: 3

Maybe if you put it in your personal options? ''Reveal invistext'' could be turned on or off, depending on what you preferred? I don't know anything about how well this would work, or even if it is possible, so take the suggestion with a pinch of salt.

Transparent text is actually somewhat important to some quests, when GMs want to insert options for a smart player, or hide clues that would be obvious with a giant ''Spoiler'' symbol hanging over it. While I agree that spoiler fields are more useful for direct spoilers, getting rid of invisible text is probably not a good idea.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Nero200

I would appreciate the toggle, similar to how Tvtropes handles it.
    While it can be important, if you are using a mobile, it can be functionally impossible to spot them without copy pasting the entire post into a note app or the like.
    I wouldn't want Invis text gone, I have used it for fun myself in the past, just the option to have it visible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You can override the invisible text on the client, through garanted most mobile devices lack the customizability for that. It would be easier if it was handeled through a CSS tag but style="color: transparent" is entered for each.

What I really want is for the index in creative writing to be renamed with some sort of sensible, intuitive name, such as commentary or discussion, or whatever.

7. An annoyance for mobile devices. When on the mobile version of the site, it doesn't show signatures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. One of the things I (and others, I'm sure) initially disliked about XF was the inability to set posts per page. There's a free extension for that now. Is this extension applicable, and if so, can SV get it? @Xon

9. Vashon

Vashon Banned Forever Banned

@LordSquishy @Xon
    Okay, so the infraction link thing is neat. Goodjob. ;)

I am aksing about a tag feature, a more subtle one than the thread title things. To sum it up, because I dont want to retype all that stuff again
    [​IMG]

Closest thing i could find.

It isn't crass to ask for a feature from another operating system is it? Basically, I'm just asking for something that would make it easy to search for "Star Wars' threads without bringing up everything with star and wars in it, while also including things that dont have those things in their thread title. And maybe only mods could create new tags/hashtags, with a selectable list to choose from.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  10. LordSquishy

I'm not sure. I think there are some addons that let you do tagging, but I'd be worried about abuse.

11. Vashon

Its why I suggested only staff members could make new ones, with the available ones being selectable from a list, and new ones suggested in a dedicated thread, to avoid PM spamming. Its viable, but early on would be a bunch of work. It'd pay off for the average user though.

12. LordSquishy

It's a possibility, yeah. It'll need to be tested, first though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xon

Xon Cabal Arm Commander Director

"Star Wars" works now. (Improved search ftw)

14. Vashon

Not exactly what I mean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was thinking of the Star Wars tag containing every thread, outside of threads like "Weakest thing" threads, that contains characters/things/places from Star Wars in them. Not just word mentioning, but like, all threads with Palpatine, Wookies, Galactic Empire and such and such. As is, it just brings up every mention of the phrase Star Wars, instead of just discussions about things in Star Wars.

And thats about the only distinction that needed to be made. So I'll just wait, see and hope it can work.

15. LordSquishy

I know what you mean, and I think it's useful, I'm just not sure it can be implemented effectively. The idea is good though.

• Like Like x 3
  16. On SpaceBattles there's a Technical Support subforum where people ask for advice concerning computers etc.
    Will we have a section like that on here?

17. Twixion wrote a (client-side) script for this on SpaceBattles: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/greasemonkey-script-spoiler-tags.238632/

You'll have to edit it to include the sufficientvelocity.com domain. Also, I have no clue whether it works for mobile browsers.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  18. earthboy

earthboy (verified ape)

Is it possible to get Like alerts grouped by post? Similar to how watched thread alerts are done, so I don't get multiple alerts for a single post. Maybe the alert line shows me how many new Likes have come in, or maybe not.

Also, is it possible to get a list of a user's posts sorted by most Liked?

• Like Like x 3
  19. Nero200

Thank you, this is pretty much what I wanted.
    Doesn't work on mobile, but for pc this is perfect.

20. ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Semi-Authoritarian Muslim Leftist

I sort of have a proposal, or rather, selfish request

I'm sure most SV user find the draft function as being convenient, but for some of us, the draft function is not needed and somewhat bothersome.

Is there a way to deactivate it, some kind of checklist? If it's hardcoded into the forum structure, then I can bear with it.

21. LordSquishy

..what's bothersome about it?

22. One thing I'd like to recommend would be a new tag, "Worldbuilding" for threads like these.

23. LordSquishy

Done.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Thanks.

25. Zooboss

Zooboss The White Tree

If you start a post then decide its better to not post it, it comes back when you reload the page even if you deleted the the draft earlier. This happens until you post something on that thread

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
I just write Internal Ad System Story