1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Suggestions (Short Term: Theming, Bugfixes, etc)

Discussion in 'Forum News and Staff Communication' started by LordSquishy, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSquishy

LordSquishy Probably Not A Producer

Post them here.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  2. I'm probably repeating myself, but I hope this has not dropped to the bottom of the list. A less rough Dark Wide with proper margins that has a central area that fills 95% of the screen width would be welcome.

Pictured, the desired framing of Dark Wide.

[​IMG]

Pictured, the current Dark Wide with no margin and not framing

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Axiomatic

Axiomatic I'm alone in my house on Mars

I have a little bit of pedantry to indulge in: When you reply and can select "more options" from the menu, where there's also quote and reply and such, it says "Throw a dice".

That...is not correct. The singular of dice is die. It should be either "throw dice" or "throw a die".

• Like Like x 9
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  4. Xon

Xon Cabal Arm Commander Director

Fixed up the name for that linking forum

It's a simple text label, let me update it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  5. Thank you so much <3 that was my pet annoyance.

6. Please don;t the current dark wide is great on mobile devices where screen space is precious. Just use the non-wide dark if you want margins.

7. We can have both. :)

I don't want the large margins of regular Dark, I want small margins because the current Dark Wide looks raw and unfinished.

8. The current dark looks nice with no wasted space. Margins are always ugly and wasting pixels on margins is stupid almost all the time. Like the silly websites that are just a thin strip in the center of the screen...

9. earthboy

earthboy (verified ape)

Hey, those sites look great on my VGA CRT.

(But seriously, having a no-margins option is really nice for mobile devices.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Droman

Droman دروس درومان

Any chance we could get some more discussion sub-forums for movies, anime, etc...

11. Would it be possible to make pinned threads a different color in the thread listing? Something along the lines of this:

Current:

[​IMG]

My suggestion:
    [​IMG]

I think it would be nice to be able to instantly distinguish the pinned threads from other threads, while reading the titles.

• Insightful Insightful x 1
  12. This is just a question about the board software.

Is it possible to embed images using text bb codes instead of having to use the icon and paste the link for each one. I'd rather type out {img*}{/img*} (had to use {} instead of [] for the example)

13. Xon

You mean like:
    [img]http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/styles/default/xenforo/logowhite.png[/img]
    Gives:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  14. eta- I'm on default with the white background so I didn't see that logo png at all.

15. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it already does that. Copy and paste Xon's code.
    [​IMG]
    Code:
     [img]http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/styles/default/xenforo/logowhite.png[/img]

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Semi-Authoritarian Muslim Leftist

Uh, doesn't xenforo allow literal copy-pasta of image directly? I always did that in both SB and SV

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  17. If I copy an image's link, and then paste it into a reply box, all I get is an html link to the image, not an embedded image. Random-facts-14-copy.jpg

18. An alert system that doesn't stop alerting you about posts in watched threads. When I click "Watch Thread", I want to watch the thread, not "Watch thread for a set period of time and then stop because you didn't post or like anything in it", or whatever the reason it stops alerting me for things is.

19. erm, yes, you need to enclose it in the [img] tags

20. LordSquishy

I'm not sure what's going on, but that sounds like a bug.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  21. Xon

This is by design.

Once you get an alert that someone has replied to a thread, you will not get any other alerts about replies to that thread unless someone explicitly replies or tags you. This only gets reset when you visit the thread.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  22. LordSquishy

Oh really? Interesting, didn't know that.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  23. That doesn't work for me
    [​IMG]

in case that works for you, this is what I see pasting an image address into img tags
    [​IMG]

24. It appears that the random-facts page doesn't like you linking the image that. Using the imgur image you uploaded works fine for me. (http://i.imgur.com/GZgFsnl.png)

[​IMG]

Several sites have stuff to prevent you from hotlinking like that since it takes the site's bandwidth and doesn't give them anything in exchange. You shouldn't be able to get that image working through the "insert image" button either.

25. Vashon

Vashon Banned Forever Banned

How about...leaving the name of a forum alone for like, a whole month? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Alivaril Internal Ad System Quest