1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion SV Rewind?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Staff Communication' started by Private Lee O'Malley, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Private Lee O'Malley

Private Lee O'Malley Head Puns = -10 to Next Roll Councillor

I mean, Youtube has this Rewind thing summing up it's year in a nutshell so I was just wondering if we could do something similar? I mean it doesn't have to be a video, not sure how we would do it but I think it's a cool idea.

Thoughts?

2. Ellf

Ellf Hivelord

A time-lapse of the tag cloud?

I can predict how it goes. Worm and Self-insert dominate for much of the year.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect What is Project Zohar? Director

It is a neat idea in some ways, though honestly every time I get one of those year in review things on Facebook it reminds me that I use it for basically nothing. :V

The thing about a forum is that as it is essentially text based and not prone to things going viral as such. I don't think it's really suitable for our format.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  4. pianoman

pianoman Lover of music

Showing off the various contests and their winners we had this year anlong with noteworthy pieces of art and music that our members made this year we be a great way to recap this year

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fernandel

Fernandel Lovely Writing, Tendency to Waffle Councillor

We could just do it in text form. We'd just have to research what happened on this forum for an entire year, and then we could "rewind" it in text form. Like, I dunno, song lyrics or a poem or something.

3, 2, 1, not it! Got too much to do!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Choo Choo

Choo Choo THE GRIEF TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES

I guess it could be things like "so hey who won the various contests" and "who left/joined the staff" and "what threads were most popular in respective forums" and "hey let's nominate great events of the forum and have a poll of the top five or ten or whatever with the most nominations"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  7. Private Lee O'Malley

Private Lee O'Malley Head Puns = -10 to Next Roll Councillor

Clearly we need to put all the forum events into a "We Didn't Start the Fire" song parody. :V

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hykal94

Hykal94 The Kitteh Knight of Islam

"And these are all the cat puns I've made over the course of 2016."

• Funny x 12
    • Meow x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Insightful x 2
  9. Oh I am slain!

Oh I am slain! Wynaut?

I, too, would like a concatenated list like this. ^_^

• Hugs Hugs x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Meow Meow x 1
  10. Shintouyu

Shintouyu A Wandering Soul

A rewind of every Tribunal with the Staff getting drunk. :V

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  11. vicky_molokh

vicky_molokh The *other* transhuman[ist]

Oh, there sure are quite viral things in the community. E.g. 'hard men doing hard decisions' (and variations thereof) for probably the most famous example. I've encountered others, but I'm not sure which ones are specific to SV, which ones were born on SV and went to the rest of the Internet, and which ones are representative of the whole big Internet and were born out there elsewhere.

12. I don't think a video format is really applicable either, but it would be nice to have a SV-focused version of Spacebattles History.

• Like Like x 1
  13. "GOD KNOWS WHAT REVLID DID"

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Shanejayell

Shanejayell Yuri Fan without a Pause

Are you REALLY sure you want EVIDENCE of what we get up to during the year sitting around?

Really?

:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Strypgia

Strypgia Shadow Cabal Token Adult Moderator

This is all Strypgia's fault.

• Informative Informative x 7
Ultra Sonic 007 Internal Ad System Story