1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

SV Secret Santa Art Trade

Discussion in 'Art and Music' started by maskedanddanger, Dec 1, 2016.

?

Signed Up Yet?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2016.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Hell Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Artists! Auteurs! Join your brethren and play the role of Secret Santa!

Da Rules
    Sign ups are now until Tuesday, December 6th. By signing up, you are volunteering to make a piece of art for someone else, while another person makes art for you.

(note, sign ups were extended due to needing more people)

You will post your interest, or what you would like your secret Santa to draw, including references if it's OCs or specific existing characters or ships. You may specify if you want to a Christmas Themed piece or not. I'll be the one matching Santas to receivers on Monday. From there you will have until Christmas Eve to turn in your assigned art. On Christmas Day, I will post each piece of art and the identity of their creator in this thread. This is a completely voluntary event, just as a fun community building exercise. You make the commitment to act as secret Santa, please try to honor it.

Example Sign Up
    Masked And Danger - I'd like one or more of my OCs (pictured below). It can either be Holiday themed or not.

{Picture of OC Here in SPOILER Tag}

Apotheosis "A portrait-style picture of Sister Friede from Dark Souls 3. Either Holiday-themed or not is fine
    TopHattedZombie A folklore monster lady! Anything is fine, as long as it's not fanservicy
    liujuin A breakdancing Space Marine. Holiday themed if you like
    Private Lee O'Malley Android girl that's holiday themed (reference to be provided)
    Strunkriidiisk a dragon and knight drinking hot chocolate/eggnog/etc together. Cartoony is fine. Holiday themed
    Masked One or more of my OCs, creator's choice on holiday theme

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Apotheosis - I would like a portrait-style picture of Sister Friede from Dark Souls 3. Either Holiday-themed or not is fine.

• Hugs Hugs x 2
  3. TopHattedZombie

TopHattedZombie Does Not Take Things Seriously Commission Artist

TopHattedZombie - I'd like... hmm. A folklore monster lady! Anything is fine, as long as it's not fanservicy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Angle

Angle Proud Blue/Green Mage

I'm kinda tempted, but I'm also kinda crap at art. Go on without me, I guess? XD

• Hugs Hugs x 2
  5. horngeek

horngeek Australian Dragon Moderator

I'm assuming, from the way it's worded, that Santas and people who'd like gifts are in a separate registry, but I'm not sure- @maskedanddanger, could you clarify in the OP?

On that note, stickied the thread.

• Like Like x 2
  6. liujuin - A breakdancing Space Marine! Holiday themed if you'd like.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Private Lee O'Malley

Private Lee O'Malley Head Puns = -10 to Next Roll Councillor

I will post pics but I do want a picture of this girl but like holiday themed.

Mind you she is an android.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kayo

• Like Like x 2
  9. Strunkriidiisk

Strunkriidiisk Ah yes, 'Reapers.'

Strunkriidiisk - a dragon and a knight drinking hot chocolate/eggnog/whatever together. Cartoony is fine. Holiday themed.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Private Lee O'Malley

So...you gonna match us up next Monday or did you forget?

11. Given signups were extended to today I would expect the matchups to be sent out later today or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  12. Threadmark: Assignments are Out
    Assignments are out. You now have until Christmas eve, December 24th, to submit your art to me. On Christmas Day, I will post all of the art pieces, and everyone will be happy.

If you find yourself unable to finish the piece, message me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. There's nothing worse then someone finding out they got left out, and if you tell me in time, I can make sure that person gets a finished piece of art.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Private Lee O'Malley

Will the Secret Santas be revealed on Christmas Morning?

14. Yes

• Like Like x 1
  15. We are closing in on the date, this is just a friendly reminder to those of you who haven't submitted that we are THREE DAYS FROM X-MAS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Hugs Hugs x 3
  16. TWO DAYS!

I still have two people who have not submitted their art. Please please please do not delay in this

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Final Day!
    (Not dawn, because I slept in til 10:30)

There are still two people who haven't submitted their art yet. Please do so within the next 24 hours. You know who you are.

18. Strunkriidiisk

Strunkriidiisk Ah yes, 'Reapers.'

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. We're close to midnight here, if I do not have every drawing by then, we will be going into overtime. I want to be posting before afternoon on Christmas Day, please allow me to do that.

20. Threadmark: PRESENTS!
    Here is the result of your labor, Ladies and Gentleman

Apotheosis
    Secret Santa: Me (maskedanddanger)
    [​IMG]

TopHattedZombie
    Secret Santa: Strunkriidiisk
    [​IMG]

Liujuin
    Secret Santa: Private Lee O'Malley.
    I have to apologize, I haven't been provided the picture yet. Hopefully, I will have it by end of day.

Private Lee O'Malley
    Secret Santa: Apotheosis
    [​IMG]

Strunkriidiisk
    Secret Santa: TopHattedZombie
    [​IMG]

MaskedandDanger (me)
    Secret Santa: Liujuin
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays to everybody, and enjoy your Christmas Day!

• Like Like x 6
  21. Private Lee O'Malley

[​IMG]

I have no excuse for this, I apologize for my tardiness that's all I can say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  22. TopHattedZombie

TopHattedZombie Does Not Take Things Seriously Commission Artist

Great job everybody! :D
    (Let's do this next year too!)

• Like Like x 4
Ultra Sonic 007 Internal Ad System Story