1. Hey, Guest,

Do you think you're halfway handy at making logo? If so, we want to hear from you. Please take a look at this thread to consider taking part in a design contest for our affiliated businesses.

-The Directors

Dismiss Notice

Megathread The First 100 Days: Trump Administration

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Zephyrus, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Dangerman

Dangerman I'm gonna make you, I'm gonna break you

• Like Like x 3
  2. To be frank, we have waited. I first heard about Eichenwald and the Golden Shower months ago. The intelligence agencies refused to release anything before the election. They refused to provide any briefings to members of the electoral college who asked about such things. Now inauguration day approaches and we're finally getting acknowledgement that the alphabet soup of intelligence agencies is taking Eichenwald and such seriously.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Arcman

Arcman Heh

"You're attacking us, can you give us a question?” Acosta replied. "Don't be rude. No, I'm not going to give you a question. You are fake news," Trump responded, before calling on a reporter from Breitbart.

He said this to a reporter from CNN. :V

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1

4. The difference between Obama's farewell speech last night and this idiotic joke of a "press conference" couldn't be any more stark.

There really is some trash going into the White House come January 20th

• Hugs Hugs x 18
  5. Rook

Rook Mariposa Caprichosa Moderator

One of the more dangerous qualities of Trump and his administration is the fact that he seems incapable of going without yes-men...

• Hugs Hugs x 22
  6. I'd say that Trump attacking CNN would hurt him but his followers already think that CNN is controlled by Clinton. Hopefully enough people will be honest with themselves to see how childish Trump is being, though it didn't stop them from electing him.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  7. I am getting a sinking feeling that the only info we might be getting from the Trump administration that is possibly true and not from hacks like Breitbart are vetted leaks disseminated from disgruntled insiders to the major networks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hugs Hugs x 2
  8. prometheus110

prometheus110 Join Cayman-Global & be part of the 1E-9 percent!

So how's that PEOTUS working out for you?

• Informative Informative x 6
  9. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower Ex-cultist vagrant

Fortunately, if his management practices hold, there should be a LOT of disgruntled insiders.

• Like Like x 14
  10. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna-be game dev

True, true.

Trump's really, really good at pissing people off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. the atom

the atom SV's Resident Bad Boy

Maybe CNN should have thought of this before they helped get him elected.

• Like Like x 17
  12. Thing is according to Trump supporters the Clinton News Network made it their mission to try and make Trump evil while giving Clinton a free pass. Sure that's not what happened but facts are bias against Dear Leader!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I saw Trump's press conference, and now eish to add something: he and his political faction attempted to delegitimize the media and the entire intelligence establishment, all the while praising Putin.

Well, America isn't a banana republic, Trump.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CNN's response:
    CNN's response to Trump's accusations of false reporting - CNNPolitics.com

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 3
  15. MJ12 Commando

MJ12 Commando Shadow Cabal Barristerminator

5 minutes ago, I was reading this article:

The Trump press conference was not a press conference at all

The refrain it keeps hammering is that "The media needs a "Spartacus" moment — when individual reporters stop worrying about themselves and speak in one voice for a greater good: getting the answers."

And just now I hear that CNN has decided to sell Buzzfeed down the river in an effort to suck up to Trump as a half-hearted defense of how it totally isn't fake news, unlike those other guys at Buzzfeed. Sigh.

• Hugs Hugs x 23
    • Like Like x 4
  16. MJ12 Commando

MJ12 Commando Shadow Cabal Barristerminator

Russia-friendly Tillerson adopts tough line on Moscow

Also if nothing else, it seems we might be getting the end of the Russia-Trump honeymoon earlier than expected. Tillerson is a lot of things but I don't think he's a congenital and pathological liar, unlike Trump.

• Informative Informative x 9
  17. I mean, hasn't that been the big fear from Day One? Aside from Richardson, most of us aren't worried about Trump literally being a Krelmin spy. Even this "We'll blackmail Trump" shit is mostly nonsense if you know anything about Trump at all.

The problem is that this is shit that Russia might try to Blackmail Donald with, in the same way that they'll try to use is (former?) liking of them to influence them. And it'll blow up in their face in a messy diplomatic mess, because Donald has no concept of rewarding loyalty.

Edit: Buzzfeed has, historically, had a major issue with posting a lot of fake/meaningless news. I don't blame CNN for that attack, but, hopefully it won't stop Buzzed from the "Lets become a legit agency" spree it's been on for the past year and a half or so.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 2:10 PM
    • Like Like x 16
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  18. Aranfan

Aranfan Team Plasma Grunt

We did. The media just didn't pick it up. IIRC.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. the atom

the atom SV's Resident Bad Boy

• Hugs Hugs x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Such a strategy while at first appearing to be moronic might have some sense to it:

1. Russia helps Trump as symbolic punishment against the US not intending that he actually win.
    2. He wins, somehow, and Russia brings out some old blackmail tapes so he doesn't invade them.

Otherwise it doesn't really make much sense, why would Russia want the US to be under the control of a backstabbing right wing nationalist? I mean they have influence over him but Trump is hardly stable and he might just begin tightening the screws on Russia and that would be the end of Putin.

21. Fivemarks

Fivemarks Temp Banned Suspended

#JudeanPeople'sFront

#People'sFrontOfJudea

• Like Like x 2
  22. As was mentioned in the other forum:
    Note that:
    1: This is unproven, both of its veracity and of whether or not it was in the intelligence agency reports or associated with the intelligence agency at all.
    2: Nevertheless it seems like a good list to work with of "purported Bad Things" which we may or not see conclusively proven or disproven over the ensuing days.
    3: Basically all of these are impeachable offenses. Several of them are probably treason, quite possibly even under the USA's restrictive definition.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 3:16 PM
    • Informative Informative x 4
  23. Uh, what?

CNN reported on the fairly substantiated and credible portions of the story while buzzfeed released the as of yet unsubstantiated golden showers information that CNN didn't want to touch because of a lack of evidence.

You know, showing some responsibility for once.

Seriously, try to hide your hate boner for a little bit.

• Like Like x 16
    • Insightful Insightful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. It's possible they just want to erode America's global influence. Trump has already made a major political blunder with China, and he's strongly suggested that he would pull out of Japan and South Korea, which would give Russia more leeway in the region, and Trump's economic plan would utterly cripple America's economy if he does manage to follow through with it (as unlikely as that would be). All Russia has to do is release their blackmail documents and no country in the world will ever take America seriously for at least the next four years, and quite possibly the next 30.

• Hugs Hugs x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Insightful Insightful x 2
Alivaril Internal Ad System Quest